Daily Routines at School
- Full day hours are from 07:00 to 17:30.
- Half day hours are from 07:00 to 13:30.
Please ensure your child is at school by 08:15 as this gives him/her time to settle in and socialize with his/her friends before the day starts. We suggest that upon drop off you say goodbye and leave promptly as this allows for your child to settle in quickly.
Class discussions (ring time) starts at 08:30 sharp and latecomers interrupt the teacher and the concentration of the class.
The school will remain open throughout the year except in December when the school will close for 3 weeks as well as 4 days for the Easter period.
The school is closed on all South African public holidays and should a public holiday land on a Tuesday or Thursday, the school will close on the respected Monday or Friday.
The school operates on three (3) terms a year which run as follows:
- Term 1: Jan – Apr
- Term 2: May – Aug
- Term 3: Sept – Dec
At the beginning of each term, every child will be given a list of groceries to bring. Your child will also be asked to bring stationery which must be brought with them once your child is enrolled.
How our day starts
Starting the day (07:00 – 08:00)
- Receiving and Greeting parents
- Creative activities (no guidance needed)
- Singing, listening, fantasy play, educational toys, and reading
Tidy up/ Toilet routine (08:00 – 8:30)
- Hygiene/ independence as life skills
- Use of duty chart and groups to tidy up
Group Activity 1 (8:30 – 9:30)
- Religious practice or instruction
- News from children
- Weather chart
- Theme introduction/ discussion
- Letter and/or number introduction/ revision
- Gross motor activities/exercises
Breakfast (pleasant atmosphere) (9:30 – 10:00)
- Say Grace and eat together
- Tea and sandwiches handed out to children (eat and drink as much as they want)
- Take care of life skills
- Free play outside
Music stimulates our neurons and increases learning as well as auditory processing and coordination. Therefore we have included Wiggle and Jam (music professional classes), into our curriculum. They work closely with our teachers and come in once a week and teach music and the concept of rhythm and instruments, from our babies in the nursery, up to our Grade R class. This is not an additional fee.